Madden's Professional Online Franchise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden's Professional Online Franchise

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
xHARDCORE MADDENx Draft League is CLOSED

The end of xhardcore maddenx draft league

Go down 
AuthorMessage
V1OL3NTBYD3S1GN
Admin
V1OL3NTBYD3S1GN

The end of xhardcore maddenx draft league Empty
PostSubject: The end of xhardcore maddenx draft league   The end of xhardcore maddenx draft league I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 11:54 pm

It has come to my conclusion that draft leagues, (as much as my ego wouldn't allow it) do NOT work in anyway,shape or form. The league says it is 29/32. however the real tally is about 26/32. ive had acouple people message me about no longer wanting to participate in the league and others for personal reasons. i have replaced 4 owners already to try and keep the league afloat. but i refuse to run a league which isnt full. it is EXTREMELY hard to find owners to take over teams who they have not drafted to their liking.

HOWEVER.... xHARDCORE MADDENx will at full capacity and is moving along nicely. we also have 3 people on the waiting list for that league. that league WILL NOT BE GOING ANYWHERE. members who are in this league are welcome to sign up for that league if you are not already involved in it. web address is http://hardcoremadden.forumotion.net.

I have not ruled out making another league to go along with hardcore madden. (obviously not a draft league) my goal is to find a good core of people to stay together until madden 11 comes out. if i decided to do so i will let everyone know about it. (people in hardcore madden will have first knowledge of this league)

in closing i want to thank everyone who participated in the league and who were active. i appreciate your time and effort in trying to make this league work. i am deeply sorry for ending it, but in my opinion it is simply just a lost cause.

ty

xHARDCORE MADDENx staff and V1OL3NTBYD3SIGN
Back to top Go down
https://mpof360.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: The end of xhardcore maddenx draft league   The end of xhardcore maddenx draft league I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 12:59 am

this fucking blows... I am glad I wasted my time with this shit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The end of xhardcore maddenx draft league   The end of xhardcore maddenx draft league I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 1:53 am

thats whats gonna happen when you hurry to find guys and you end up with cheesers like da mole, guys that arent sure they can make the commitment like meyers, etc, etc, etc

I was feeling that team but what can you do. Hardcore madden original is still the shit though and goin strong.

Any of you guys that were in this league and still want to play...Riddick, headstrong, myself, and a few others are part of a league called "The Merger", we have 24-25 commited GMs that play their games.

We could even make a website like this one for the league, but anyways its regular teams, in the second season, with several trades and of course draft players.

If you want in PM Riddick (L2click), headstrong, jshot99
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The end of xhardcore maddenx draft league   The end of xhardcore maddenx draft league I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 1:55 am

O yea the open teams are:

Bengals, Ravens, Titans, Chiefs, Vikings, Lions, Buccaneers, Seahawks...

Again lots of trades and a draft happen (we also did a FA draft), so the worse teams have gotten better like the Lions and Chiefs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The end of xhardcore maddenx draft league   The end of xhardcore maddenx draft league I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 3:24 am

Back to top Go down
V1OL3NTBYD3S1GN
Admin
V1OL3NTBYD3S1GN

PostSubject: Re: The end of xhardcore maddenx draft league   The end of xhardcore maddenx draft league I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 10:33 am

j shot actually it was a combination of acouple things, 3 guys u brought into this league had quit on me as well so it wasnt just that..

tstrohbros- i apologize if you feel you wasted your time. but think about the time i have invested in this shit... doesnt even come close to yours soo really i dont care if you feel you wasted your time. sorry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The end of xhardcore maddenx draft league   The end of xhardcore maddenx draft league I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 11:25 am

To comment on the quality of Jshot's recuits, he also brought in RIddick, Blood, and myself who are all still here and dedicated.

To respond to your comment that fantasy league's don't work. I am in one. Almost in season 4. So it is possible.

You have to expect high turn-over at the start of the league, especially when there are so many un-sim players out there. You have to weed out the bad to find the good. We are only in week 3, there was not the opportunity to do that.

So, I really do not see how it is a lost cause any more than any other league ever done, even the ones that last multiple seasons. There is an expiration date on any league. Lastly, it seems more like you didn't like your team as you said in the other league's chatboard, which seems a little ironic as both admin GM's say they don't like their team and the league closes shortly after.

So, im sum, we did have a lot of dedicated people. Yes, you will lose some, but losing 4 guys isn't that bad. It's something to be expected as people play each other and some people can't stand losing (and quit because of losing or cheese to win).

I appreciate the admin's time running this league, but a lot of people have put a lot of time in this as well, behind their own teams, behind the scences. Like myself, who made has put in a lot of unseen personal work such as making a complete draftboard, a team spreadsheet and roster list, a list of interested positions and other teams needs to try to get the wanted guys, ect, ect. I am sure others have put just as much thought into it. So to say you put any more or less time in this, is sort of irrelavant. Many of us are invested.

That is just my two cents though.

From what it sounds like we are still continuing the league as someone else will be running it. I am assumign we will be using a different board or using this one? I am not sure of the logistics.
Back to top Go down
V1OL3NTBYD3S1GN
Admin
V1OL3NTBYD3S1GN

PostSubject: Re: The end of xhardcore maddenx draft league   The end of xhardcore maddenx draft league I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 12:19 pm

this is?? is dead it should have already been deleted.

i have been a commish of leagues for madden since this game came out and i know when a league is a lost cause or not a lost cause. i was not knocking jshot for recruiting owners for this league. he was a great help in trying to fill the league up. like i said it wasnt 4 owners who have left, it was closer to 7. I failed to do the right recruiting due to time constraints. i take the blame for that. but for someone to sit here and act like its the end of the world and they have spend loads of time is insane. If you are/were a commish of a league you would understand that. My team was fine, i would have kept going if we had the right mix of owners in this league, but honestly neither I or the other commish felt the need to go through the steps to try and revive this draft league.

you say your in season 4 of a draft league? is your league full? has it been full for most of the 4 seasons? leagues that do not meet ATLEAST a 30/32 member requirement(IMO) is just sad. CPU controlled teams ruin the integrity of a league, i just have higher standards than that
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The end of xhardcore maddenx draft league   The end of xhardcore maddenx draft league I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 12:58 pm

*cough cough* I told you this would not work. It sucks that it has to end when i like my team.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The end of xhardcore maddenx draft league   The end of xhardcore maddenx draft league I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The end of xhardcore maddenx draft league
Page 1 of 1